Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Monday, May 30, 2011

Watch For Motorcycles!!!

My greatest fear became a reality on Friday.


I left work very happy and looking forward on going for my dress alterations
appointment. I had a friend pick me up and go with me. The day seemed too
perfect. Things were working out just how I wanted them too.
During my appointment I get a call from FI to tell me that he was going to get a
haircut but that he was going to ride his motorcycle first before going for
his haircut appointment. I kind of blew him off and said " ok ok don't take
long see you tonight". We usually say I love you every time before hanging up
the phone. And whenever he rides his bike I tell him to be careful and drive
safely. I go into panic mode from the moment he gets on his bike to the moment
he comes back home and gets off. You just never know what can happen or go
wrong. This time none of that was said.

Fast forward to 10-15 minutes max later.

I leave my appointment and tell my friend to drop me off at my moms house
because she had my car and my son was there. As we're driving and talking
about going to the May Fair later that night I get a call from FI's mom. I was
assuming she wanted to know how the appointment went because she was the one
who referred me to the lady doing the alterations. She asked me where I was
and I answered by letting her know that I had just finished and was on my way
to my moms. The conversation went a little lie this:

FMIL: "Pam listen to me. I just got a call..... Steven was in an accident....
On his bike".

Me: "WHAT!!!!???! Are you serious" "Is he OK?" "Where is he??!" "OMG I'm going
to kill him!"


FMIL: "Yes. Is true." "I don't know how he is. They're taking him to the
hospital right now". "It happened between Susquehanna and Emmaus".

Between all of this I shed not even one tear. I was super scare, nervous,
angry, screaming, and I didn't know what to do. I'm thinking the worse. Yet at
the same time I felt that he was ok. I'm telling my friend what just happened
and she can't believe it. I tell her to drive to the street FMIL had told me,
which lucky enough was only 10 mins away. As we're driving all I can think
about is the last words we said to each other. I never said I loved him. I
never said to be careful. Now he might be in critical care. Time seemed to be
passing by super super slow and the road we were on has no traffic lights or
stop signs so that made it seem like we were never going to get there. I kept
telling my friend to let me drive that she was driving too slow. Obviously she
didn't let me.


Finally I see the road where the accident happened. There was traffic because
the street was closed. So I get out of the car and start running towards to
cop who's directing traffic. I was wearing a knee length flowy pink skirt,
white tank, and white old navy flip flops. Not the best attire to be running
in. I felt like I was going to trip and bust open my chin.

As soon as I reach the cop I asked him where FI was. That I was his fiance. He
says that FI was in the ambulance getting ready to go to the nearest hospital.
I asked if I can go with him because the ambulance just started moving. He
directed me to someone else who made my heart beat so hard it felt like it
wanted to come out of my chest.

He grabbed my hands. Told me to relax and said: "You have to be strong. He was
found under the car. The girl driving was young and was learning how to drive
and she didn't stop at the stop sign. He might have a lot of fractures". OMG
if I wasn't worried enough this hit the jackpot. He stopped the ambulance and
told them who I was and that I wanted to go with them. The driver agreed and
said I had to drive in the front.


I called my friend and tell her to meet me at the hospital. I call his mom and
tell her that I was with him in the ambulance and we were headed to the
hospital. I asked the driver if he was ok. I was scared to look back and see
the person I love the most and know as super active, loving, and caring laying
down helpless and in pain. And he replies by saying "he'll be ok". Then I look
at my phone and noticed I had 3 missed called from FI. I thought to myself
"this is a mistake. Someone must have his phone" Then I look back to see FI
laying down trying to call me and talking just fine.

Thank you Jesus!

I was no longer scared. But boy was I angry. I told him not to buy that darn
thing. I told him it was dangerous. I told him I didn't agree with him owning
it. Still, deep inside me I was worried that he might have internal bleeding
or something.

We get to the hospital they check him out and his fine. He had a few brush
burns on his legs, elbows, and upper arm. The worse thing he has is joint
dislocation, torn muscles (his traps), and torn ligaments all on his right
shoulder. Lucky for him he's a lefty. The doctors said he needs to lay off the
gym (his life) for awhile and that is going to take a long time and lots of
physical therapy to get his shoulder strong and functioning normally again. He
said he was lucky to be wearing his helmet otherwise he probably wouldn't had
survived this. His helmet was super scratched and bended in certain places
like the back of his head and between his ear and eyes that if he would have
not being wearing it all of that would of happened to his head. And is funny
because a few days earlier he told me he wasn't going to wear his jacket
because it was too hot and he sweats a lot. So I told him that if he ain't
going to wear his jacket I wanted him to wear knee pads, chin pads and elbow
pads and he just laughed and said "are you crazy". "I'll be looking stupid
then". So I got next to him and said if you would of listened to me and had
worn the pads you would have none of the burns you have now. He just looked
and me and rolled his eyes. lol

The plan now is to get rid of that darn thing.

I thank god so much that he's fine and only has small injuries, it could of
been worse. We'll surpass this and I just wish and hope that every person out
there that owns a motorcycle wear their helmets. It can save your life. Don't
play with death because it will find you. Remember that just because you're a
good and safe driver it doesn't mean that the person driving in front, back,
or to the side of you is too. Most accidents happen minutes away from your
home or your destination. Stay safe.

And those driving cars, vans, trucks, etc please Watch For Motorcycles!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...