Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Sunday, May 15, 2011

MIB Invitations Part II ~ Inserts

A couple of months ago one of my BM/cousin came over to help me with the invitation inserts. I had already created them with the help of the talented Gabriel from GT Modern Creations and had printed them using my home printer. So once she came all we had to do was cut them (I did 2 per page) and burn the edges. Easier said then done of course. I used my paper cutter to cut out 60 inserts and she started to burn them. We just sat in the dinning area with the door and windows opens so that the smoke wouldn't make the smoke detector go off. It would of been easier and more fun to do them outside but it was early March and kind of cold to be out there after 7pm. We just talked away for the next hour or so.

Here you see me very concentrated. 



Here the insert caught on fire and I tried to blow it out. Yes it got ruined.


You see the flame. Even FI came out of the room to make sure we weren't burning down the house.


For every 5 I made she made 1 lol. She was taking her sweet time like she had nowhere to go and like if I wasn't tired.


Although I have to admit that hers came out better than the ones I did. Just look how nice her edges look.

And this is the final product.





Right above our names it says:
Ocean waves will do the clapping
as our vows we will say,
The sky will be our canopy
on this our wedding day.

This inserts came out better than what I could have ever imagined. When I decided to do MIB invites I knew I was in for a challenge I just didn't know how big of a challenge. It took forever trying to get the picture and words just how I wanted. Then I had a million issues when I tried to print them. And finally when I had them all printed out it took two months to get them burned and rolled. They just sat in a box in my living room chilling lol. But it was worth it and I'll do it again in a heartbeat :) This is exactly what I had in mind and I couldn't be any happier with the result. Thank you Gabriel and Dayna for all your help on this.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! jose and you almost burnt the poor house down lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...