Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Parasol Disaster

I will start this post by admitting that I am not crafty at all. I don't draw, color, paint, trace, or nothing for the simple fact that I'm just not that artistic. There's not a hair on my body that carries that gene. That being said, I knew very well what I was getting myself into when I decided to do DIY projects for the wedding and I knew very well that it wasn't going to be easy but that wasn't going to stop me. I want to be able to feel good and proud of myself when guests ask "who did this?" and I say "I did".


If you remember from an earlier post last month I challenged myself to finish about 5 projects before the year 2010 was over. Well... today I started the painting process for the parasols. I had already printed, cut, taped and trace the letters. I sat in FMIL's dining room and started painting it. I was taking my sweet time because I wanted to do a good job and be proud of myself. Shortly after I started my fiance's foster brother got behind me said that I was doing it wrong, being that he's a good drawer and does carry the "artistic" gene I asked if he would help. well... yea... bad idea. He messed up my parasol :(


He was using way too much paint and it didn't look nothing like the part I had done. It looked like my 4 year old son had painted it at school. Needless to say that I told him to stop that I would finish it. Then my FBIL asked to let him work on it that he can fix it for me. I was frustrated so I agreed and let him take over the painting. He did a worse job than the foster boy :( He painted outside the lines and to fixed it he made the letters thicker. It looks like a big mess.

I'm so mad, sad, frustrated and worried that my parasol is ruined. Luckily it was only the first two letters of the Thank part, so I plan on finishing the painting tonight and seeing how that turns out. If it turns out good than yaayyy but if it doesn't I guess I can always try again and I'll think of this as a practice. I've got to stay positive on this, think positive Pam think positive!

Please pray so that this wasn't a complete disaster. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...