Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Monday, December 13, 2010

I miss my daddy

12 years ago, on a day like today, I received the worse news a child could ever get. My father's death. I won't go into details because this is very personal and sad for me. Loosing a parent at such a young age is the hardest thing ever.


Growing up without my father has been hard for me, knowing that he will not be here to give me away on my wedding day or was not there for my first child birth has been even harder. And lets not get started on everything he has missed and will continue to miss. What hurts me the most, specially now that I'm old enough to understand and put two and two together, is that he was so young (only 38y/o) and that it wasn't a natural death. He's death was provoked by some really bad people and knowing that makes it even harder for me to accept the fact that he's no longer around. No one besides God should decide when a human life is over, they have no idea how badly that can affect the family and loved ones.


I decided to post this here today to honor my father. Although I was only 11 years old when he passed away I have wonderful memories of him. He was not a bad person, not sir he wasn't. He even saved a young girl's life about a year before by taking her out of her house when a hurricane threaten her life. He was very loving and caring. In my eyes he was a hero... my hero =)
I remember going to DR the week before he died and going to visit him right after he got out of his coma. He looked so helpless and fragile that I was afraid to even touch him. Saddest part is that I cannot remember the exact last time that I saw him. All I have is some pictures and memories.
Enough to know that although he's not here with me he's in a better place watching over me and blessing me and my family.


***Papi, donde quiera que estes espero que te encuentres bien y que estes gozando en la gloria de Dios nuestro senor. Nunca olvide que te amo con toda mi alma y aunque ya no estas aqui siempre te llevare en mi mente y corazon, hasta el fin de mis dias. TQM***


~Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...