Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DIY: Aisle Runner Part II

Finally my aisle runner is complete. It took sometime to finish but it wasn't because it was difficult. As a matter of fact it was very easy to do after cutting out the words. I got this idea from knottie ericandcindy back in '09 and I followed instructions from Heather's blog, Road to the Aisle. Feel free to check their bio and blog if you are interested in doing this yourself and if you have any question contact me and ask me :)










The colors are two different shades of blue using the brand Basics from Michaels but you can't really tell. I bought all my other painting supplies from Michaels as well and the fabric I purchased 23 yards of bleached muslin from my local Joann's for .99 a yard. Yes I know this is really long but at the time of purchase I was expecting over 75 guests. I figured I can always cut some off if need be but I can't add to it so it wasn't that bad.

As you noticed the fabric is a little bit wrinkle and I blame it on FI. His job was to put it away for me on Friday after it dried up and instead he just crumbled it, literally, to on end of the table and left it there until Sunday. I seriously wanted to beat him. My masterpiece! lol Oh well it'll get ironed in DR when we get there.

I can finally cross this off from my to do list.I got to admit. I'm very impress with the result. I can't wait to hear what my guests will say about it  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...