Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Proposal

Today started very... ummm... what's the word I'm looking for? I'm not sure even how to describe it. My poor son has been to hell and back the past few months. And that my friend will be a story for another day. Right now, even though my day was very long and exhausting I just want to reminisce on the past. Lets go back to April 2009. To our vacation to California that has been life changing.
Welcome to San Pedro, California.
It was April 16, 2009 when we arrived at LAX with the purpose of celebrating our 4 year anniversary, visit old friends that had recently moved to Cali, and the city where I would sometime during our vacation get engaged on.

After arriving at our very good friend's house late on April 16, 2009 the guys decided to go out to a bar and catch up and us girl decided to stay in and catch up while babysitting the kids. Also during this time my friend Tatiana and I decided on activities we should do on the days to come. We seemed to come up with a very good plan on things to do and how to have a good time just like we've done many times before.
On the day of the proposal which was April 18th we had decided to go to Universal Studios for the day. Early that morning FI left early morning with Felix, Tatiana's husband. I repeatedly told him not to go anywhere because we wanted to leave the house early. Like always he didn't listen to me. I remembered being ready and having to wait for them to get back for almost an hour. When they arrived FI and I got into it. It wasn't a big deal but I was mad at the fact that he never listens to me. So we kind of started to give each other the silent treatment.
When we arrived at the park my friend Tatiana pulled me to the side and said "Pam, while I was putting the kids bags in the car I noticed a jewelry bag in the front seat. I think Steven got you earrings for your anniversary so stop acting up and go hug him or you won't be getting nothing". I felt horrible. Why was I being so mean to him when he probably had just went out to buy me a gift. I needed to find the right time to just apologize and make things right again. So as he was walking I went behind him and hugged him and apologized. I guess he was already over it because he didn't give me a hard time about it. Things were back to normal and I was just enjoying my day hoping that he would give me my gift soon. But I knew he would probably give it to me over dinner or before we got into bed so I paid no mind to it the rest of the day.
The hours passed and we were having a great time. I felt like a kid at Disney and even got in the picture with my goddaughter, Dora, and Diego from Nickelodeon :) As we were getting ready to be going home we stopped at the red carpet to take some pictures. I handed over the camera to FI to take pictures of Tatiana and I. Then he said something (that I really don't remember) and pointed at the Universal Studio sign. We turned around but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary so we turn back around. At that point I turned back around to face FI to find him on one knee with a small box opened in his hand with the shiniest diamond I've ever seen. I honestly can't tell you if he said anything before those 4 little words every girl dream of some day hearing. All I remember him saying is "Will you marry me?" I stood in shock with my jaw touching my chest. I looked up and around to see what I've feared the most, people watching us. I walked closer to him trying to let out the words "please get up, please get up'. I looked up again and see my friend and her husband standing next to the kids hugging and smiling. Then I hear "So... Will you?" lol I didn't really forget to answer him, I was just focused on what was happening around me/us. Eventually I grabbed his faced with my hands and said "OMG YES!".
I helped him get up, and we kissed. Unfortunately I had giving him the camera just moments before so we got no pictures what so ever of the event. We didn't even take anymore pictures after that. We just got up and kept walking towards the door. I was so excited and I had no idea how to act. I kept looking at my gorgeous ring and I still couldn't believe that he had just proposed. I wasn't sure if I should be calling my mom, friends, the Morning Call lol. I was, simply put, beyond happy! After getting in the van to go back home I sat all the way in the last row with my goddaughter and I was texing everyone in my cell. There was nothing that could of happened that would of ruined my day. Steven had just made me the happiest woman alive that very second.
This picture was right before the proposal, I call it our proposal signature picture =)
This is where all the magic happened!

Here we are the following day with our goddaughter.



Here we took a boat ride along the.... well you know. I don't even want to say it. I was almost in tears :(
Kisses, kisses for the newly engaged couple.

jajaja, how funny does he look? He will be really mad if he sees that I uploaded this picture.

And I am enjoying our last few days left.

Being engaged has been an unforgettable experienced. I'm sure going to miss it. But I'll have this day to always remember it.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...