Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Friday, April 29, 2011

2 bridal shower ruined in less than 6 hours =(

On Tuesday I had a very interesting day. My day started early morning with me waking up and talking a shower. I then put my son in the shower and when he was done I told him to go to his room and start getting dress that I would be right there. A few minutes later he calls me and shouts "Mom! Mom! come over here, I have an urgency". I'm sure he meant "emergency" lol. So I go to his room and say "what's your urgency baby" and he says "I can't pop this pimple. Can you help me?". I laugh out loud and tell him that that's not really an "urgency" that that's normal. As I get closer I realize that that's not a pimple. Is a tick stuck or trying to get inside his skin :( I've never seen or dealt with a tick up close, so I did what I do best. Panic.

I took him to my room, grab my tweezer and with shaky hands I tried to pull it out. Embarrassingly I only pulled off a few of its leg. Then I started to panic a little more. I call FI's mother (who lives upstairs from us) and she came down rushing. She grabs the tick with her fingers and pulls the whole thing out. Did I already say how embarrassed I was? Well yes I was even more embarrassed now because I could of done that. He's skin was red and swollen so I decided to take him to the doctors.

He ended up not going to school and spending the day with me at work. Good thing it wasn't a busy day. As the day went on so did the story of the tick.

Right before going home I was talking to the doctor in her office. Then the nurse walks in and we all start to talk. Then out of no where the doctor says to the nurse "So what's going to happen with her bridal shower, did we decide on anything?" I was a bit confused at first. The nurse gave the doctor a look that gave her away right away. She tried to play it off by saying "O yea, Steven came by the other day to drop off the invtations". I knew what she meant because I knew that FI had taken over the invitations last week. The doctor however was so confused and said "I'm confused. It she having 2 bridal showers?" lol Now don't forget that I was standing right there and both bridal showers are suppose to be a surprise. I knew I would be having one but I didn't know when it would be. The nurse gives up and says "yes, she's having 2 and they were a surprise". So the doctor says "Oops. I'm sorry" and we all started to laugh lol. I didn't even know what to say so I just walked out and let them two to work things out. In my head I'm thinking well that was wierd. At least I still don't know dates.

I left work at 5pm and I had planned to finish delivering all the invitations by that day. I called FI and ask him where he wanted to meet and he says "well the day is nice out. I was thinking of taking my bike out". Great! let my nightmares begin. I was a bit upset because this is our wedding. We both should be delivering the invitations together. And the invitations were suppose to be delivered 2 months ago. But whatever, I told him to do as he pleased that I would be delivering the invitations.

I head out to the first house with my son and drop off the 1st invitation. Then I go to the second house, my aunt, and we start talking a little. Can you guess what happened next? Well, She tells me that she's sorry that she can't make the wedding in DR but that she's going to the one here. Again I was confused because we decided not to have an AHR after the wedding. I just figured she didn't know that. And then she says "is this Saturday right?" Grrrrrr! Seriously?! I just looked at her and said ok well I have to go. It was an innocent mistake but I really wanted it to be a surprise.

After leaving her house all I can think about is what should I do? Should I tell FI? my friends that are planning the bridal shower? should I just prentend I don't know anything and act surprise when I walk through the door? I was going crazy thinking about what I should do. Things were ruined and now I didn't know what to do. Then I remembered that I was going to NY on Saturday so I had to cancelled? But I was looking forward on hanging with my cousin Saturday night and meeting Caritza and Gabriel on Sunday. I didn't want to change my plans :(

Eventually I met up with FI. I decided to tell him that I knew about the BS and he flipped. He's all like "What? How? Why? Who told you? Dam I have everything so well arranged you were going to be super surprised. Wow! that really sucks". He said "I had figured out everything in minutes and you ruined my happiness in a millisecond". :( how rude! it wasn't even my fault. As a matter of fact if he would of went with me maybe she wouldn't have said anything.

The rest of the night I was sad. I have never been able to have a surprise anything because somehow someone always messes up and I figure it out. So yeah, that's how my Tuesday was. So today I will catch up on things I have to do, get my hair done, and put an outfit together for tomorrow. I'm still pretty excited so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Happy Friday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...