Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Friday, February 11, 2011

Guest Book #2... Undecided

I recently purchased a treasure chest from a knottie to use as our postcard guestbook for our AHR. Inspiration below.


I had my mom bring me postcards from her trip to Dominican Republic this past January. She brought me about 50. My plan was to set up a table at our reception back home after our wedding and have our guests sign a postcard and put them inside the chest. Afterwards, I was going to make an album where you are able to see the front and back of the post card.

However, the more I think about it the more I become undecided on whether to use this idea for our destination wedding and use the guestbook that another knottie made for us with our engagement photos instead.

I'm thinking it makes more sense to have the postcard set up in Punta Cana, have our guests fill them out, and then mail them to ourselves from DR so that it can be more special instead of just collecting them from the chest and that's it. Then I'll just have the other guestbook set up on a table at our AHR and have our guests sign it. Besides, if we were to use the postcard idea at our AHR we would need about 200 postcard and maybe even more whereas if we use this idea in PC we would probably just need 75 or so which equals less pages for the guestbook.

Yea, that makes sense. I think that's what we will do. That will also add to the history of the chest. That chest was used by two other knotties, one who got married in Jamaica and the other in Mexico. Is only fair that the chest also travels to Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico (another knottie getting marry in PR asked if she can buy the chest from me).

How exciting!!!!!!!!


Here are pictures of the postcards my mom brought me and the chest I bought.








Is funny because we haven't even booked the venue for our AHR and here I am working from the inside out, deciding on decorations and the set up without knowing how the venue will look. Jajaja!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...