Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WWR Day 8: Our Big Day! (part II)

It was time for DH and I to meet for our first look. Gabriel left to DH's room to walk with him to the Previously agreed location while Julia and Caritza stayed behind to walk with me. We had an hour to take pictures of us and afterwards the bridal party was to meet us by the restaurant on the beach to take Formals pictures.

Initially the plan was to take pictures with my immediate family first after the first look and then with the bridesmaids, groomsman, flower girl, and ring bearer. Of course things didn't go as planned but we were still on time so we managed to take pictures in a nice side of the restaurant with our families. We did the other pictures after the ceremony although we did take a few pictures with the whole group.

Oh wait I remember. The reason why we didn't take pictures with the guys and girls alone there was because the guys were no where to be found. So instead of wasting time we got started on family formals etc.

Again we were hungry, mostly the guys, so our WC got us sine fried calamari from the resort restaurant and boy was that yummy!

Soon after the guests had arrived and we were ready to get started. The crew left, a resort photographer that came included in our package arrived, and we got in line according to what we had practice the night before. Things seemed to be going perfectly. Thank God.

Now we were finally at the point were we would start walking down the aisle in my beautiful monogrammed aisle runner that had taken me so long to finish as a DIY project and that turned out amazing but that for some reason or another was not photographed. All my hard work, weeks of stressing over it, money, and luggage space wasted to not have not even 1 picture of it :**( *tears*

Anywho.

The music started playing and my mom and grandmother walked in hand with my moms fiancé. Followed by our wedding godparents, then my sexy and handsome husband to be followed by the groomsman. I can't remember the reason why we decided to have the guys walked after the groom. Is it supposed to be that why? Then the bridesmaids headed down followed by the maid of honor, then my son the ring bearer, my cousin the flower girl, and finally my brother and I.

My heart was pounding!!! I had so many emotions happening yet I managed to stare at my husband to be waiting for me at the altar and not shed even a tear. At that moment it was like everything froze and disappeared and it was only him and I there. This was the moment I waited patiently for over 2 years. It was really happening right before my very un teary eyes. And I couldn't be any happier. Anymore thankful and full of love :)

The ceremony started and it was everything I had written, expected, and imagined. It couldn't have been any more perfect. Soon enough we said our personal vows, exchanged rings, united our life in a sand ceremony, and sealed it with a kiss. We were then pronounced husband and wife and everyone clapped and smiled. We held hands looked at each other and started the next chapter of our life, our family, by walking back down the aisle where Julia was taking pictures and eventually congratulated us.

We then headed to the Side of the ceremony site on the beach to take more pictures. This part makes me really sad because by the time our guests, who I always kept in mind, walked down to congratulate us we we're already gone with Julia. And up to this day they talk about how rude it was for us to leave to take pictures and not wait for them. And if they ever read this I want every single one of them to know that I am so so so sorry. From the bottom of my heart. It was never my intention to make you all feel used and unimportant. You guys made our Wedding day what is was and we will always be grateful that you were able to join us and share our day with us. And to that one aunt who now does not speak to me due to unexplainable reasons to me, if I ever hurt you or offended you know that it was never my intention.

With that being said after pictures were done and everyone had left to the cocktail hour, which we missed, we too headed to the bottom part of our reception site. And while everyone was enjoying themselves up above we were stuck hungry and barefoot (because my mom had our shoes) so we sat at the bar ordered some Presidentes, talked about how our day was happening so perfectly, and waited for the "it's time" cue to walk into the reception.

We planned to have the wedding party walk in to a Black Eye Pea song but since they were all already enjoying the reception and we were running behind schedule walking in to the reception not to mention we were about to faint due to hunger we decided to skip it walk in ourselves do our first dance and get to eating. :)

Our first dance was so sweet. Our song was Spend my life with you by Eric Bennett ft. Tamia. It was just what we felt. It couldn't be more perfect. :)

The reception was good. Yes just good. I expected more. That's were things starting going a bit wrong. The DJ sucked! The music he had was like from the 1950s. No one was really dancing, and he ended up making phone calls to his friends from our cells. Because we had giving him our phones to play music from since his sucked and he took advantage of that. It wasn't until we got home (the states) and we got our $800 bill for roaming phone calls that we realized what had happened. I wanted to kill that that.... Ugh! Anyways. Besides that everything else was fine. The food was delicious. Everyone raved about it. The garter and bouquet toss was hilarious. And the cake was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S :) expect that we weren't keeping track of time and my WC disappeared so since our cake wasn't brought out until later that evening, because we had an outside reception I'm assuming that they didn't want bugs and flies to get to the cake, we forgot about cutting the cake lol. Yea crazy right lol. So when they brought the cake out we cute it, fed each other, and took some pictures. Then one of the waiters finished cutting it for us while we handed out our favors.

For favors we decided to give out Dominican rum bottles with monogrammed shot glasses. That was also one if the things that went wrong. I forgot to mention to the WC that that shit glasses were our favors so she thought it was part of the decor and she placed them on the tables so when we walked in to the reception and saw them out my heart sank. 1 because it was supposed to be a surprise and 2 because people had started to take more then 1-2 and put them in their purses :( luckily my mom managed to get the ones left on the tables and put them away and we got 40 out of 50 back so it wasn't that bad. We had enough for everyone at the end some left to bring home. Aside of that I have to say that our WC did an Amazing job decorating the reception for us. I give her props for her hard work.

After some last pictures, giving favors out, and being rushed into having our last dance we ended our reception, picked our belongings, and made plans to head to the disco to continue the party. Do you want to guess what happened next??? Yup! You got it. We didn't make it lol. We headed to our suite and my foot was bothering me. After taking a look at it it was swollen. I'm thinking something must of bitten me. So we decided to stay in and start our honeymoon ;)

And that ladies and gentlemen is our big day in details. It was perfect and magical aside of the small hiccups but what wedding day is really ever perfect? Brides are never really fully content with how their Wedding day turned out. I mean yes they loved it and they never really talk about the bad parts but why should they? It didn't make their wedding day any less perfect or less special. And at the end of the day the purpose to marry their love was achieved. Which is what's really important :)

And now that I re lived our day and you know exactly how our day unfolded enjoy the next few days of posting just on pictures. There are many pictures and I'll be selecting more or less my favorite ones, which will be hard to do. But after this long post you and I both deserve a break from reading and writing. So let's let our pictures speak for themselves.

Happy Hump Day!

XOXO -Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...