Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Friday, October 14, 2011

WWR Day 6: The Bonfire

On Thursday the rest of our guests checked in with the exception of our witness, my godfather and his wife, and my 3 aunts and cousin that live in DR that were going to our wedding in honor of my dad.

The day started off nice and sunny like any other. I was super excited because later the evening we were going to have the welcome bonfire I, yes I, had planned. I wanted to do something special for all of our guests that traveled so far to support us and witness us vow our love for each other forever and ever. I even brought marshmallow, hershey chocolate, and Graham crackers to do s'mores on the fire. We also rented their speaker for music and we got a 2 hour bar package with all different kind of beverages, alcoholic and non alcoholic. Not to mention that our videographer offered to record it for us and our photographer took a few pictures of the event. It was awesome!

A little after noon or so our camera team arrived. I spotted them at the bar close to the beach so we ordered some drinks and went to sit by Steven and my friends who were swimming by the swim up bar. We stood there for a couple of hours just talking and drinking and taking shots of mamajuana and drinking some more. Again I didn't want to go in the pool, remember I didn't want tan lines. But I did go in a few times in the morning the day before and earlier that day before the midday sun got unbearable.

Anyways. The bonfire started at 7p so we left to our rooms at about 4-5ish to get dress and eat dinner. Before getting ready I ended up taking my 20 bags of marshmallow, chocolate, and graham crackers to the WC. She asked if we were planning on feeding the entire resort because I had so much stuff lol.

And yes I did bring Hershey chocolate from the USA ok! Call me whatever but I was not going to risk it finding it super expensive over there or none at all (which I know is like impossible but with my luck you just never know). I took all that in my carry on bags and had no problem whatsoever at the airport or with the airlines.

After getting dress we headed to the beach location where the bonfire was scheduled to be held at. We took the rest of our welcome bags to give to the guests that had arrived and to those that we had missed the day before. We made it there before anyone else had arrived which was exactly what I had hoped for. 15 minutes later guests started to arrive and Steven was almost done setting up the music. We had a couple of the resort employees serving the drinks and everyone just went up to crab their own marshmallows etc to make the s'mores. I took pictures of my own until the photographer arrived. And that's what you'll see below. I'll be making another post with the Pro Pictures from the photographer.





























A couple of hours later the event ended, everyone was almost drunk, and I was starving. We had so much supplies left so I told the workers they can keep it. Then we headed to the World Cafe for a late dinner where I ended up passing out in the table and everyone was laughing at me. Again we headed to bed early while every single one of our guest headed to the disco. I was so mad at myself but I was beat. It wasn't just all fun the last 5 days we did a lot of driving, walking, swimming, organizing, etc that by night time I couldn't make it pass 12. I don't think DH was annoyed or mad at me either. He had his fare share of responsibilities for the wedding so he was always helping me or doing things for me to finish faster. I have to admit now that I'm thinking about it, he was always helping me with something never wanting to leave my side unless it was necessary. He wanted both of us to be relaxed, stress free and enjoying ourselves as much as possible. It was kind of nice having him by my side helping since he barely lifted a finger the last 2 years lol. That made me very happy :)

So. Those are some of my own pictures of the bonfire. The next post will just be on pictures that Julia took for us. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...