Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

WWR Day 8: Our Big Day! (part I)

June 25, 2011

One of the happiest and most memorable day of my life.

My day started like it usually does. With my head resting on at the time fiancé 's chest. With the only difference being that we woke up in a honeymoon suite at beautiful Dreams Resort Punta Cana, DR on a day that we would become husband and wife and the next chapter of our life would begin.

It was about 8ish when we got up to start off our special day. We took showers and wore our getting ready outfits. You might be wondering why on earth did we wake up together on our wedding day but honestly we felt that sleeping in separate rooms wouldn't make any difference. And we just wanted to wake up next to each other as our last day of being "single".

After getting dressed we clean our room a bit and I put aside all of our special wedding day details that I had worked so hard on so that our photographer Julia Azcona and our videographer Gabriel Timothe along with his wife Caritza M. could photograph and videotape while we were off getting pampered before the festivities began.

Shortly after getting dressed I get a call from Julia asking me where I was at. I was suppose to go to the spa at around 8am to start getting my hair done. But of course I wouldn't be Pamela if I wasn't running late lol. Lucky for me I had the best team ever! She had gone to the spa and changed my 12pm appointment to a 10am appointment. Gotta love her. She wanted everything to go smoothly and as planned and without any rush.

Finally, I along with Steven, headed over to the Spa to meet Julia and the crew. I handed over my room key to our fabulous team and they headed to our room to take some detailed pictures and to get our wedding attires from the laundry while Steven and I headed over to the world cafe for some breakfast. Afterwards he walked me over to the spa to start getting my hair done and he kissed me goodbye. It was our last kiss as girlfriend and boyfriend. Or you can say as fiancé. Lol. Then he left to get the guys so they can all go get haircuts not far outside the resort. At the same time my mother, sister Yamilex, grandmother, wedding godmother Etnay, and flower girl Diana all left to get their hair done also outside the resort.

My bridesmaids got their own hair done by themselves in their room and the plan was that they had to meet me in my room at noon so that we would all finish getting ready together. Of course only a couple arrived to my room on time. The others got there more or less around 1pm.

As I was getting my hair done, alone, relaxed, and in peace, I decided to read the KKs. Which are knottie postcards that were written by previous brides from The Knot DW Board after their DW wedding. In the postcards they give you advice on things to do on your wedding day such as relax, enjoy, and take it all in. It was very special to share in my day with those girls since many of them played a big role in my wedding planning process. It was a priceless moment :).


Shortly after, the crew come in to start taking pictures of me, the bride :) and they kept asking me what was wrong with me. That I looked too calm. Kind of not worried and too relax. Which was a good thing but not normal for a bride on her wedding day. I guess I can explain that by saying that I was taking it all in like my knotties had told me. I knew that I shouldn't stress because no matter what went wrong it was going to be out of my control to fix and I was going to stress for nothing. So I decided to let things happened as they wish. Because at the end of the day I was still going to end up married to the love of my life, my best friend, and partner in crime :)

Finally my hair was done and we headed over to my suite. To our surprise when we got outside and took a few pictures it started to rain. And I mean rain a lot! It kind of scared us a bit. But I knew it would pass quickly and besides not only had I read that June was a very lucky month to get married on but that rain on your wedding day was also good luck. And I was open to good luck of any form :)

As we walked over to the room I saw Steven's dad and brother. I got a bit worried that he was around but luckily he wasn't. He was actually in the room getting his things ready to go over to my grandmothers room to get ready. So they, the crew, hid me on the side of the room in the hallway in front of another suite until he left. Then my son ran out looking for me in his favorite attire, t-shirt and underwear lol. After Steven left we went inside and we just relaxed for a bit.

At around 12ish we decided to start on makeup and pictures. Then they went over to get pictures of Steven getting ready. He got really good pictures but none with the guys. I think it was because they weren't in the room with him. But I'm happy that he at least got some pictures with his father.

Then they came back to me for more pictures and after singing justin bieber songs with my little guy we had to send him to he's fathers room because he was out of control!

A little while later the crew left with my ex best friend and MOH to take DH his Wedding gift, a sweet letter with a boudoir album :) I love the pictures and I could just imagine what he was thinking lol.

(Veronica and I are no longer friends due to her betraying me in the worse way possible and imaginable. It's really sad to have her in a lot all my wedding pictures always being reminded of her betrayal. Is very painful and although someday maybe forgivable it will never be forgettable)

Finally the girls came and so did my Mami and Buelita (Grammy) and it was time to get the show started. The girls and my mother for some reason showed up with their dresses on and hair and make up done. Obviously they paid no attention to what I had said about all of us getting ready together. But it wasn't all that bad, after all I got all the attention and the camera was always on me :) I admit that it was fun having everything be about me. A little while later my flower girl arrived and we got her dressed. She looked so pretty. I'm so happy we chose her to share in our day. She means a lot to us since she's my cousin and we babysat her a lot as a baby until she moved away to MD.

After getting ready and a few laughs later the resort brought us fruits and champagne. I was really hungry so I ate a few slices of mango. What can I say, it was deliciously sweet and fresh :) we also did a toast before leaving to meet DH for our first look.

To be continued....

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...