Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WWR Day 3: La Romana

It's day 3 and we wake up at about 8ish after a perfect night, I mean sleep in the huge king size bed. It was well deserve and we slept like babies. We take showers, get ready, and gathered our belongings. Then we head out to look for the rest of the crew and leave the cabana around 10ish. We head to center city to pick up my grandmother to take her with us to La Romana. We decided to go to La Romana on Monday because Steven and I had to check in to the resort on Tuesday and Punta Cana it's way closer from there than from Santo Domingo.

So we arrive at my mother's friends house, Etnay- the best cooking woman I know, and she has breakfast and lunch ready for us. She's the best. Always spoiling us. We seriously never eat out when we're in DR because either she or my grandma cooks for us and what better way than to eat a native meal than for it to be homemade :) just saying. Any time we eat out is in the early morning that we like to buy yaniqueques (sort of like empanadas with eggs/ham and cheese) or at night when we buy pateles, frituras, or chimichuris ( banging!!!!! You can also eat this in NYC almost as good as the native ones).

So we eat and pack the cars for our one hour drive. We also try to contact the car rental place to find out where we need to drop off our SUV. Which by the way they never got back to us and we got screwed at the end. Never ever again!!!! anyways.

So we start our drive to La Romana and it was all like I remembered it from 3 years ago. We make it there in no time. By 3pm to be exact. Then take somethings out of the car we eat again and we head to the beach. There we eat some more lol fried fresh fish and fried yucca and lambi (kunshell mixed in this amazingly flavored sauce). We buy some CDs from some kids and we get some hand made bracelets for all of us and some to bring as souvenirs. We stayed there having a great time until about 9-10ish pm. Then we go around town visiting old friends we made through my mother when we were there in 2008. They are so much fun. At around 11 we were chilling with my mom's fiancé's brother and we had a few drinks. Then Steven, myself, Aida, my other cousin Josefina, Steven's brother Miguel, and my under age sister Paola decide we want to go clubbing on a Monday night. My mom's fiancé agrees to take us to the hottest spots at the time. I love this about DR, you can go out dancing, drinking, whatever you want any day of the week regardless of how you are dressed. We were all wearing really comfortable clothes. You know shorts and a t-shirt and cute sandals or a summer dress or Caprice. And the guys had the usual, shorts and a t-shirt/beater. We leave my mom with her friends and my son and we head out to the first spot which I don't really remember the name. They didn't card my sister so we were good. But the atmosphere was not popping so we left to the next spot. There they did card my sister and she couldn't get in so we didn't go in either. Then we head to the car to get our IDs and I remember that I had my passport with me and my US driver license :D. I give my sister my passport and let her go in with everyone while Steven and I stay out to make sure she gets in. After a little while everything seems cool so Steven and I head inside where we meet with the rest of the crew. And this ladies and gentlemen, is the beginning of one of the most amazing night of this vacation. This club was called La Hookah. I will never forget it.

As we are walking our way through the club heads are turning, people are wispering, and all eyes were on us! Whether they were talking about how crazy we are for walking in like "that" meaning without being all dressed up or if they are talking about how we look like we are clearly not from DR, or how handsome and pretty we are we could care less. We were there to have a good time and no one was going to ruin it for us. NO ONE!!!! :)

We started it off with a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Cranberry juice. Steven's favorite alcoholic beverage and a hookah. The music was awesome so we danced all night. I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I danced like that. I must of been in high school lol. It was a crazy night. After we finished the bottle we got another one. Big Big Mistake! We did finish it but by the end of the night half of the crew was vomiting their insides out lol.

Around 3ish am we leave the club and head over to the hotel. We get 2 rooms, one for Steven and I and the other one for my 2 cousins, sister and brother in law. My sister and one cousin end up throwing up. They called housekeeping and they brought them a mop and a bucket so they can clean it up. I thought that was hilarious lol. I took advantage and charged our cells and both of my cameras. Steven was knocked out as soon as he hit the bed. I didn't hear a beep sound out of him until the next morning.

Again, I'm still unable to post pictures but take my word. This night was absolutely amazing. Words can never describe so use your imagination until I'm able to post those pictures. Hopefully that'll be real soon. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be more consistent with the rest of the days to follow :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...