Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Accommodations in DR

As you know I was born and partially raised over in DR so we have family in every town. We never really worry about accommodations when we travel over there. There's always a place we can stay at. And if worse comes to worse then we just stay at a hotel or better yet a cabana.

Cabanas in DR are very popular and I must say Steven's favorite. He loves when we stay in them because we have our own privacy, huge bed, jacuzzi, and stripper pole ;) lol.

Most of the time we stay at my mom's BFF place or even my grandmothers house but we don't like to make someone sleep out on the couch or uncomfortable to give us their bed so that's why we also decide to go to the cabanas. A lot of the time we take our son with us but there are other times we leave him with the family for some bonding time since they hardly see him anyways. And he doesn't mind at all. There's always kids to play with and to have a good time with. Plus he gets spoil for being my son because I'm the favorite of them all :) lol jk. But they do love me tons since I was raised with them and I'm my late father oldest daughter that they barely see.

So yeah. Cabanas are really drive-in motels that you can rent for a few hours or overnight. They serve many purposes. In our case we use them to spend the night since we usually don't check in before midnight and they are very very cheap. The most we've paid for one night is $30 USD. And that was a "luxury" cabana with a king size bed, jacuzzi, parking garage, tv, radio, wifi, air conditioner, etc. They have them all going down this main street where each one is decorated in a different theme. Or in the outskirts of the cities, in the highways and so on. Other might use them for sexual encounters, if you know what I mean. But they are really clean. At least the ones we go to are. We've never had a problem with any of the ones we've stayed at and I think we will continue to use them until we run into some issues or at least until my mothers house gets built.

We usually leave our belongings (luggages, large amount of money, and legal papers) at my mom friend's house and we just take the basics with us. Some towels, toothbrush and toothpaste, clothes, night gowns, and so on and so forth.

On this particular trip, the first night Steven and I along with our son stayed at Etnay's house while everyone else stayed at a cabana. The second night half of us stayed at the cabana and the other half at Etnay's. The third night we were in La Romana and we all stayed at an actual hotel except for my mom and her fiancé. They stood at his parents house with my grandmother (we took her with us to all our adventures until the day after the wedding). And on the fourth night some of us checked in to Dreams Resort where the wedding took place and the others stood in La Romana because they were scheduled to check in next day. La Romana is about 1.5 hours away from Punta Cana depending on traffic.

I wanted to make sure you were aware of everything we do/did in DR. And since I wasn't really specifying where we were staying at before we arrived at Dreams I figured I would write about the famous cabanas. If you ever go to DR and are in the city or out of the resort with people that you know like natives or even if you decide to backpack through DR, which I kind of not recommend unless again you are traveling with the natives then in that case I would encourage you to visit a cabana. You might love it just as much as we do. I don't think you'll regret it. Instead you'll get a kick out if it lol. Trust me!

p.s.
I'll be sure to update this with pictures once I transfer all of my pictures from my desktop to my laptop. I apologize again. My desktop is still acting funny and I have no internet connection there. I'm sure you don't just want to read and read and read. If you're anything like me you'll be more interested in the pictures :)

Hasta Luego :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...