Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Friday, July 30, 2010

Deliver the STDs…. Check!

There was nothing that could have happened this entire week that could have ruined the happiness I felt. After getting our save the date last week my fiancé and I decided to get them all delivered this week and we finally finished. We started on Monday after we got home from work, some were hand delivered and the rest were sent out by mail. I wanted to hand deliver the save the date at least to our guests that lived near us for many reasons. One reason being because we’ve been engaged for over a year now and not everyone was aware that we had decided on a date for next year. Thus I wanted to give them the opportunity to ask us questions that they had after reading the information we had given them.

Well let me just say that hand delivering the majority of the save the dates turned out to be something very special for us, even though it took longer than we had hoped for we would do it again in a heartbeat. Not only did we get to answer all the questions our guests had, we also got to see their expression when they open them and went through all the details. We saw excitement, happiness, eagerness and some were even surprised because they had no idea we were getting married next year, just like I had anticipated, and that it was a destination wedding in beautiful Punta Cana, DR.

Today I’m happy to say that our closest family and friends are finally on board with our wedding plans. It was so hard keeping everything a secret for so many months especially for me because after working on booking the resort and getting our STDs ready I felt like my, ok ok our dream wedding was truly becoming a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...