Yaayyyy! We're Married!

Anniversary

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Back!!!!!

Hi there!

We're back and we're married... Yaaayyy I'm so excited. It's only been 1 week and 1 day but boy am I glad the planning phase is over. There are still some pre wedding post I didn't get to post so I'll be working on that before getting into wedding details. In the mean time here's a small overview of our weddingmoon. The GBU and Would/Wouldn't Do are some of the traditions we do in TK DW board and I've decided to share this on my blog too. Enjoy!


The Good ~ Everything!!!!!  The wedding was everything I hoped for and more. I was so concern with some things not going as planned but at the end it didn’t matter because I loved every second of it. As you all know the Friday before the wedding I was sick as a dog but thanks to all the knottie vibes I felt so much better by 7pm. everything from my hair to the flowers were perfect. My WC took all the wedding stuff I brought and she did an awesome job putting everything together without knowing what and/or how I wanted it. Our Photographer and Videographer did an awesome job as well. They were up super early and started filming my details while I was at the salon. Then we met at the salon and headed to my room and they went back and forth between FI and I for pictures. My favorite part of the day was the first look J It was so sweet. I would totally do it again in a heartbeat. The resort was absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!! The wedding reception and ceremony were perfect and just what we, I, wanted ;) lol it started to rain like crazy the morning off right after finishing my hair. It rained really hard and I got a bit worry but after a few minutes it stopped and the sun started to shine again. I’ve heard many times that rain before your wedding was good luck. Combine that with the month of June (the best/luckiest month to get married, I read that on a wedding myth website a while back lol), and we should have a pretty good marriage lol. J

The Bad~ I left a small luggage at home with wedding stuff L it really really sucked but luckily it wasn’t missed and it didn’t affect our wedding. Things that were left were the FG’s basket, welcome letter, wedding day timeline, etc. I tried making the best out of it and not let it ruin our day because at the end of it all I was the only one who knew it was left behind. There were some things wrong with our rooms that got me upset. Our AC didn’t work (we called 3 times to get it fixed and they came to “fix it” yet somehow it was still always hot!) During our stay and after leaving we heard about other guests AC not working.  I guess it was a problem throughout the entire resort. Our balcony door did not lock (luckily we were up on the 3rd floor), and our housekeeping lady SUCKED! She never “cleaned cleaned” our room, there were times where she didn’t clean it at all. And she never made little towels designs for us and we had a honeymoon suite! Now I only say that because everyone got them but us in the resort. No biggie but I like those little details. O well.

Another Bad was my horrible flight back. They said that I was a “no show” for my flight on the 18th so my entire flight was cancelled. Of course no email was sent to me no nothing. So when I go to check in on the 28th to come back they say that I lost my ticket and I need to buy another one. But it took them 2 hours to tell me this so by the time we bought a new ticket, which by the way was $461.24 one way, check in was closed and  I had to wait another 4 hours to get home. Not to mention our flight left 1 hour later than it should of and we got stopped, checked, and treated like criminals at every checkpoint from check in to boarding the plane. We sent our son with FIL and BIL and DH stayed with me and paid to change his flight (so sweet of him). It was horrible girls. I refuse to flight with Continental again. Two days after getting back I called them and the Customer Service Rep was really nice and refunded us the $ for the round trip flight since it wasn’t used because I was a “No Show”. Does that even make any sense? How on earth would I have gotten to DR in the first place if I wasn’t on “that” flight? Grrrrr!

The Ugly~ My ugly was my swollen ankle. After the reception my ankle was (            ) this big and so freaking painful I couldn’t even walk. I have no idea why. I think something bit me but I don’t know what. It got better but it’s still not completely healed. Take a look.


Overall the trip was awesome!!! And I have no regrets J

Would Do~ Definitely a DW. I’m so glad we decided on this. It was everything we wished for and then some. Of course the OOT bags, my favors, the destination and resort, my yellow roses and blue dresses, and so on and so forth. Seriously I would do it all again. Everything was amazing under the circumstances.  Also I would have spent more time with my dad’s side of the family. They drove 3 hours to the resort just to stay overnight and attend my wedding and the next day we (meaning DH, I, and some friends) did an excursion and by the time we got back they had to go. I felt so so bad. I feel like I have to make it up to them somehow L

Wouldn’t Do~ Worry so much about everyone else. I was so worry about making sure everyone got to the resort and were having a good time that I didn’t enjoy myself like I should had have and they were having the time of their life.  I see pictures of everyone else and I’m like “wait I didn’t see that, where was that at?” I was always at either point A or point B. I told DH I feel like I need to go back again to the resort because I feel like we didn’t enjoy what they had to offer. I guess is too late for all that now.

p.s.
I cannot get use to the DH stuff. Everything I wrote had “FI” and when I was re reading it I’m like “O crap is DH (Dear Husband) now lol.
Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...